Friday, June 6, 2014

Stories from Birdie Lake.



In quiet and peaceful solitude I sit, nestled amongst the tall cedars
and the pines. From my comfy canvas chair, just a few feet from the
shimmering shores of Birdie Lake, I am filled with gratitude for this
my happy home. I am one with nature, and simply awestruck by all
the beauty that surrounds me.
It is here that I share my joy, thoughts and inspirations with...
"Stories from Birdie Lake."

A Story of... Helping Others.

In our far too hectic and fast-paced world of head down, acquiring stuff,
and "chasing the dream"... one of life's greatest gifts can be to simply
Stop...
Take stock, and extend a helping hand to someone else.

So how do I do that?

Helping other's does not always have to be monetary.
While worthwhile causes, charities, fundraising, (and the like)
are all very important, it is (most times) the simple things that create the
biggest impact.
A warm smile, a kind hello, or a simple gesture supported by encouraging words.
These are the subtle things that make such an important difference in the life of
someone else... and it is in our nature to do so.

So it is with that in mind that I remind myself to practice reaching out in service,
and in help, to others. It is a gift we all possess...
I know from my own experiences that there have been many times where I have
welcomed (and very much appreciated) the help of someone else.

In honour of this, and in the spirit of helping others, I must be aware,
(without judgement) to the many different ways that I can help.
The little time (and effort) that it takes to reach out to a friend, a family member,
or even a total stranger, is always... and in all ways... the right thing to do.
Helping other's... to help themselves.

I know that by helping others, with authenticity, love, and real care, that I am
able to positively effect a very inspiring and meaningful change with all of those
whom I come in contact with.
In the beautiful words of "the spiritual law of giving and receiving"...
one of helping other's greatest gifts is how good it can make me feel..
too!


Raymond Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment