Friday, May 30, 2014

Stories from Birdie Lake



In quiet and peaceful solitude I sit, nestled amongst the tall cedars
and the pines. From my comfy canvas chair, just a few feet from the
shimmering shores of Birdie Lake, I am filled with gratitude for this,
my happy home. I am one with nature and simply awestruck by all
the beauty that surrounds me.
It is here that I share my joy, thoughts, and inspirations with...
"Stories from Birdie Lake."

A Story of... Love of Self. 

Do I (really) love myself?...
How does my ego feel when I say these words?
Wow!... Now there's a heart-wrenching question!

Lao-tzu wrote that "When I let go of who I am...
I become what I might be."

I feel that to (truly) love myself I must let go of the
(idea) of what I think I am. What I think I am,
I am learning, is not (in fact) the real me.

I am no longer my past, yet I am grateful for (all)
it's lessons. I am not (yet) my future, but by loving
myself, I can imagine (with intent) what it is that I
desire to manifest for myself as I move forward.
I am not (just) what I see... my physical self.
I am not what I have, because what I have does not
define me, nor does it always bring me joy or happiness.

In order for me to love myself, and be aligned,
in harmony and in balance... I must first learn to trust in
my ability to shift my heart... and to simply "feel."
To truly love myself I must have the courage to surrender
everything else, and allow the universe to effortlessly provide
(all) the rest... as it always does.
I must be able to forgive, and let go... my mistakes, my ego,
and the mis-steps of my past.

True love of self is about acceptance... in this moment...

"How" I am... is "Who" I am...
and I am Love...
My-real-self.

Raymond Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment