Monday, January 31, 2011

In Gratitude.

As I sit here on my last night in beautiful Maui,
I am deeply struck by the gratitude I feel in my heart
for this amazing experience that I have lived over the
past month. I am profoundly grateful for everyone
who is in my Life, and would like to pass on my sincerest, 
"Thank You"... for all your love and support.
This has been a most special time in my Life, and one that I
will not soon forget! To celebrate these gifts of Inspiration,
I would like to share another original poem that came to me
today as I felt all of this past month well up inside of me.
I hope you enjoy it.


                               I Have Been Here Before.

                             I have been here, many times, before.
                          This Magical place...this Island of the Sun.
                    The soft, tropical breezes...gently caressing my face,
                  The heat of an afternoon sun...warming, upon my back.


                                 I have been here, many times, before.
                            This Mystical place...this Island of the Gods.
                        Calling me back..."The Spirit Gods of Kahuna."
                  And "The Fire Goddesses"...of another golden sunset.


                                  I have been here, many times, before.
                               This Spiritual place...this Island of Beauty.
                             It's long sandy beaches...stretching for miles.
                Lifting my heart and mind...to the clear blue heaven's above.

                                   I have been here, many times, before.
                            This Mysterious place...this Island of Memories.
                             Where I feel lives lived...many times before. 
                       A connection to a past...in my soul, I know I recall. 

                                    I have been here, many times, before.
                            This Healing place...this Island of Medicine.
                                 A history of Huna...and Ho'oponopono.
        Passed down, with kindness, knowledge...and the wisdom of ages.

                                    I have been here, many times, before.
                      This place of Creation...this Island of Long Journeys.
   Like the enduring courtship, conception and birth...of the Humpback Whale.
              They return each year...having been here, many times, before.


                                    I have been here, many times, before.
                   This place of Love and Romance...this Island of Nature.
              Where people come from near and far...to feel the connection,
                                             to it's romantic calling;
                  And to become "one"... in peace, love, and tranquility.

                                    I have been here, many times, before.
                                              Call me back...Again.
                                                         

                                                        Ray Paul

 

No comments:

Post a Comment